An easy Mahi mahi fish tacos recipe that you can make at home even during midweek meals. Fish tacos are a Mexican dish made from fish, such as tuna or mahi-mahi, and vegetables.
In the United States, fish tacos usually describe fried fish fillets wrapped in a corn tortilla. In other parts of Mexico, especially Baja California and Sonora, grilled fish is more commonly used.
Mahi Mahi Black Beans and Corn Tacos Recipe
Although this recipe uses Mahi mahi fish, you can substitute it with any other type of codfish and still get awesome tacos.
1 pkg. slaw mix
1 can black beans, rinsed & drained
2 cans white shoepeg corn, drained or ~2 c. frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
1 avocado, chopped
1 lb. mahi-mahi filets
2 c. oil (for frying)
Salt, pepper & garlic powder to taste
1 pkg. taco seasoning mix (the one with chili powder for flavor)
Sour cream or plain Greek yogurt
Tortilla chips on the side, optional
How to make Mahi Mahi Tacos
Mix slaw mix, black beans & corn in a large bowl. Cover & refrigerate. Check out this fish taco slaw recipe if you would like to make your own from scratch.
When you’re ready to prepare tacos, heat oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat (a couple of inches deep).
Season fish with salt, pepper & garlic powder. Combine taco seasoning mix & enough water (~1/2 c.) to make a thin paste; rub the mixture into both sides of fish fillets.
Fry the fish in the hot oil, ~5 min. per side or until cooked through. If desired, add a little more taco seasoning mix to the taco slaw just before serving for added flavor. The heat from the tacos & tortilla chips will help it dissolve into the slaw mixture.
How to build Mahi mahi tacos:
Place 1-2 Tbsp. tartar sauce on the bottom of the tortilla, add fish & top with 1/4 c. slaw mixture. Repeat for additional tacos.
Mahi Mahi Fish Tacos Recipe
- 1 cup slaw mix
- 1 can black beans,rinsed & drained
- 2 can corn, drained
- 1 avocado,chopped
- 1 lb mahi-mahi fillelts
- 10 Flourtortillas
- 2 cup oil (forfrying)
- ¼ tsp Salt
- ¼ tsp Pepper
- ¼ tsp Garlic powder
- 1 pkg Taco seasoning mix
- 1 cup Sour creamor plain Greek yogurt
- Mix slawmix, black beans & corn in large bowl. Cover & refrigerate.
- When you'reready to prepare tacos, heat oil in large skillet over medium-high heat (acouple of inches deep).
- Season fishwith salt, pepper & garlic powder. Combine taco seasoning mix & enough water(~1/2 c.) to make a thin paste; rub mixture into both sides of fish fillets.
- Frythe fish in the hot oil, ~5 min. per side or until cooked through. If desired,add a little more taco seasoning mix to the taco slaw just before serving foradded flavor.
- Place 1-2Tbsp. tartar sauce on bottom of tortilla, add fish & top with 1/4 c. slawmixture. Repeat for additional tacos.
If you don’t want to fry the fish, just mix the taco seasoning mix in with the tartar sauce. Also, you can use whatever kind of beans you’d like (canned black beans or refried beans).
Tacos are a favorite of many people. I like to try making them with different ingredients and especially different types of fish since I love eating fish. Check out this Oven baked Mahi mahi fillet recipes.
I hope this Mahi mahi fish tacos recipe gave you some ideas that you can try next time you have some mahi mahi fillet. If you love fish follow me on fishbasics Pinterest for more awesome fish recipes.