This is an easy garlic and potatoes thanksgiving side dishes recipe that you can make fast. There are many types of side dishes that you can serve with fish.
Some of the most well-known dishes are mashed potatoes, rice, and fried onions. In this article, we will look at the preparation of a popular version of garlic mashed potatoes side dish.
Thnaksgiving Garlic Mashed Potatoes Recipe
This garlic mashed potatoes recipe is fairly simple to make and requires very few ingredients. You can also use this recipe by adding different types of roasted vegetables like sweet potatoes, carrots, parsnips, turnips, etc.
4 medium to large russet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
1 head roasted garlic cloves
3/4 cup of unsalted butter
1 teaspoon salt
Freshly ground black pepper to taste
1/2 cup of milk
How to cook Garlic mashed Potatoes side dish
Fill a large stockpot with cold water and add the potatoes to it. Put this on high heat until it boils, then lower the heat to medium until the potatoes are tender for about 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and keep them aside.
Put the potatoes in a separate saucepan and add some small chunks of butter, roasted garlic cloves, salt, pepper to taste, and half the milk.
Mash the potatoes using a hand masher or kitchen machine until they are smooth but not watery (you might need to add more milk).
Serve the mashed potatoes hot with any other side dish that you like.
Easy Garlic and Potatoes Thanksgiving Side Dishes Recipe
- 4 mediumto large russet potatoes peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 head roastedgarlic cloves
- ¾ cup unsaltedbutter
- 1 tsp salt
- ½ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- ½ cup milk
- Fill a largestockpot with cold water and add the potatoes to it. Put this on high heatuntil it boils, then lower the heat to medium until the potatoes are tender forabout 15 minutes. Drain the potatoes and keep aside.
- Put thepotatoes in a separate saucepan and add some small chunks of butter, roastedgarlic cloves, salt, pepper to taste and half the milk.
- Mash thepotatoes using a hand masher or kitchen machine until they are smooth but notwatery (you might need to add more milk).
- Serve themashed potatoes hot with any other side dish that you like.
You can use alternative ingredients and substitutes when making the recipe. You can also use buttermilk or milk instead of whole milk.
You can also use salted butter if you like, just reduce the amount of salt that you add to the potatoes. To avoid oversalting your food. Just like pepper, I like to taste it as I and to avoid over or under seasoning.
This easy garlic and potatoes Thanksgiving side dishes Recipe is one of my favorite side dishes. Not only is it filling but it is also simple and easy to make. The result is a rich and creamy dish that will complement most types of seafood dishes.
Fish recipes That can be served with this side dish:
Make it for your next dinner party or family gathering. You can also serve it with steak, barbecued meats, etc. If you love cooking fish don’t forget to follow Fishbasics Pinterest for more fish-related recipes.